Monday, September 3, 2007

Key Lime Pie

This also went exceptionally well. This came from my newer copy of The Joy of Cooking. I haven't had good luck before with the graham cracker crusts; they always seemed to be too thick. But I used the food processer to make fine crumbs and was careful with my butter. I couldn't find fresh key limes. I thus had to decide; fresh regular limes or bottled key limes. I went with the latter, figuring the flavor would be the closest to authentic of the two. Now I need to figure out what to do with the rest of the bottle. Additionally, the recipe calls for a 15 oz can of condensed milk, but every one I saw were all 14 oz - the standard size can we all know. I think that has to be a misprint.

The meringue turned out pretty well, especially considering I grabbed cornstarch instead of cream of tartar. Oops.

No comments: