Sunday, August 12, 2007

Menu - Veal Rolls, Fingerling Potatoes, Asparagus and Lemon Poppyseed Cake


I saw the veal recipe in Gourmet and built the meal around that. In selecting sides and deserts, I was going for a cuisine neutral - i.e. no dish immediately identifiable as Italian, Indian, etc. and trying to keep it somewhat light. Due to poor planning on my part, I wasn't able to get to the store until 3:30 for a 7:00 meal. By the time I got home, it was 4:00. This entire meal took 2 hours to prep and cook. There was a little more final cooking once the salads were served (the veal and the asparagus), but that was at the last minute, so that they wouldn't get cold. Comments on the individual recipes are (or, rather, will be) in their entries.

Menu:
Field Greens with White Wine Gorgonzola Vinaigrette
Veal Rolls Stuffed with Spinach and Gruyere
Steamed Fingerling Potatoes in White Wine
Broiled Asparagus
Lemon Poppyseed Cake

No comments: