Sunday, August 26, 2007

Butter Chicken

This was another recipe from the Internet. While this tasted good, it was almost more Italian to me than Indian. I'd had this before when our old neighbor Fuzail made some and shared. He accidently used vanilla yogurt instead of plain and was concerned that it was sweet. Honestly, I could taste a little of the vanilla, but it was still great. Mine was not nearly as smooth as his was. One cheat I used was ~4 cups of tomato puree instead of 4 chopped large tomatos. In trying to smooth out the gravy, I ended up adding more than a cup of cream (instead of 1 table spoon). I don't understand the reference to "beaten cream," since there isn't any reference to that. There might be a step missing from the recipe. So, tasty and recommended, but not what I was expecting.

No comments: