Monday, November 19, 2007

Menu: Thanksgiving Dinner

I love cooking for Thanksgiving because it gives me the opportunity to eat a ton of my favorite foods, all at once. This is ambitious looking, but for the most part, I've done this before. So there won't be any surprises.

The Menu:
Treebeards' Mushroom Soup

Roast Turkey
Cornbread Stuffing with Fennel & Sausage
Green Onion Buttermilk Biscuits
Garlic Cheese Grits
Roasted Garlic & Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
Lime Cilantro Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Spinach Cheddar Bake
Ginger Lemon Cheesecake
Chocolate White Chocolate Mouse Raspberry Tart

Our friend Ebru is bringing Orange Glazed Green Beans and Chris is bringing a fruit pie.

This menu has been pretty fixed over the years. I've been going through a ton of Gourmet back issues and seen some great ideas, but each item here hits a particular flavor point for me.
For instance, there was a great cheddar mashed potatoes I found, but I already got cheddar in the spinach.

There are a few additions, though. Ebru's beans with the orange will compliment well as there seems to be a shortage of green veggies. Chris's pie will balance the "creamy" deserts. I'd generally avoided sweet potatoes before as we already have too much starch, but I think this cilantro lime variation is unique enough that it will work well. The results and recipes to follow.

No comments: